- 04 Mar
Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU)
Total Students: 38,000
International Students: 4,243
Address: Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 1954 Hua Shan Rd. (or 655 Pan Yu Rd.), Shanghai
As one of the oldest and most prestigious universities, Shanghai Jiao Tong University is one of China’s great public academic and research centers. Located in the hub city of Shanghai, more than 5500 overseas students and scholars have studied in this international community. Rich in culture and history, alive with the arts and entertainment and easily accessible from campus, it creates the perfect university setting. It has formulated a grand blueprint for development and is determined to make continuing efforts to build itself into one of the first-class universities of the world.
Program Tuition Long-term Chinese Programs RMB 9,100 per semester
RMB 18,200 per academic year
Short-term Programs RMB 3850 for four weeks, RMB 5550 for six weeks, RMB 7250 for eight weeks Summer Program in Chinese Law RMB 12,000 for two weeks Marco Polo-Zheng He Academy Program RMB 3200 (Includes courses tuition, materials)
RMB 4800 (Includes hotel standard room – With your own room, breakfast, field trips, opening reception and closing banquet, etc.)
Undergraduate Programs RMB 24,800 per academic year (Chinese taught)
RMB 50,000 per academic year (English taught)
Master’s Degree Programs RMB 28,900per academic year MBA (2-3 years) For Part-time Program, RMB 188,000 in total will be paid in three annual installments
For Full-time Program, RMB 128,000 in total will be paid in two annual installments
The LL.M. (Master of Laws) Program RMB 100,000 for the first year
RMB 50,000 for the second year
S.J.D. (Doctor of Juridical Science) Program RMB 50,000 per semester for the first year
RMB 10,000 per semester for the second year
Doctoral Degree Programs RMB 45,500 per academic year The International Education Program of UM-SJTU Joint Institute RMB 24,800 for first year studying in SJTU
AUD 14,600 for second year studying inLa Trobe University
RMB 24,800 for third year studying in SJTU
RMB 24,800 for fourth year studying in SJTU
Bachelor Degree Programs
Electrical and Computer Engineering (English) Mechanical Engineering (English) Chinese Language (International Bilingual Oriented) Aerospace Engineering Animal Biotechnology Applied Chemistry Applied Physics Architecture (5 years) Artistic Designing Automation Bio-Medical Engineering Bioinformatics Biotechnology Chemical Engineering and Technology Chinese Language (Culture Oriented) Chinese Language (Economics and Trade Oriented) Chinese Language (Technology and Culture) Civil Engineering Communication Computer Science and Technology Economics Electrical Engineering and Automation Electronic Science and Technology Engineering Mechanics English Environmental Science and Engineering Finance Food Science and Engineering General Administration German Industrial Design Industrial Engineering Information Engineering Information Engineering Information Security International Economics & Trade Japanese Law Materials Science and Engineering Mathematics and Applied Mathematics Mechanical Engineering and Automation Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering Nuclear Engineering and Nuclear Technology Optical Information Science and Technology Pharmacy Plant Biotechnology Public Utilities Management Radio & Television Editing & Directingon Resources and Environment Science Software Engineering Thermal Energy and Power Engineering Traffic and Transportation
International Student Apartments on Xuhui Campus
Basic Dormitory Introduction
- Lianxing Building: six-storey, unified standard single room. Each room is furnished with a single bed, closet, desk, chair, TV, telephone, air-conditioner, the Internet access, and a private bathroom; there is a laundry room (fully equipped) on the first floor; all floors have a public kitchen only open to dormitory residents.
- Building 9: four-storey, both single and double rooms. Each room is furnished with single beds, a closet, desk, chair, TV, telephone, air conditioning, the Internet access, microwave oven, water dispenser, and a refrigerator. Each floor has a public bathroom.
The international student department is a very important place for all of our students. All residents must abide by the accommodation regulations. Please see the Room Rates.
Apartment Short-term Accommodations (Less Than 80 Days) Long-term Accommodations (80+ days) One semester Accommodation in Summer/Winter Vacation LianXingBuilding RMB120/ person / day RMB9800 / person / semester RMB120/person/day Building 9 Single rooms
RMB 130/ person / day
RMB 10500 / person /semester
RMB 130/ person/day
RMB 65 / person / day
RMB 4900 / person /semester
RMB 65/ person/day
International Student Apartments on Minghang Campus
Basic Dormitory Introduction
- Building 8: six-storey; Each room is furnished with a private bathroom and bathing facilities, a single bed, bedside table, desk, chair, small bookshelf, wardrobe, refrigerator, air-conditioning and the Internet access; all floors have a public kitchen; there is a laundry room with washing machines, dryers and water heaters and a reading room on the first floor.
- Building 9: six-storey; Each room is furnished with a private bathroom and bathing facilities, a single bed, bedside table, desk, chair, small bookshelf, wardrobe, refrigerator, air-conditioning and the Internet access;; all floor have a public kitchen; there is a laundry room with washing machines, dryers and water heaters and a reading room on the first floor.
- Building 10: six-storey and three units; Each room is furnished with a private bathroom and bathing facilities, a single bed, bedside table, desk, chair, small bookshelf, wardrobe, refrigerator, air-conditioning and the Internet access; each unit has a public kitchen; there is a laundry room with washing machines, dryers and water heaters on the first floor.
- Building 12: six-storey with A, B, and C three suites on each floor; each suite shares a bathroom and a shower; each room is furnished with a single bed, bedside cabinets, desks, chairs, small bookcase, wardrobe, refrigerators, air conditioners and Internet access, etc.; per floor has a public kitchen; there is a laundry room with washing machines, dryers and water heaters on the first floor.
- Building 51: six-storey with two units in the east and west on each floor; each unit has two suites; each suites have four rooms and one hall which is furnished with a bookshelf, desks, shoes boxes, etc.; there is public bathroom and shower; each room is furnished with a single bed, bedside cabinet, desk, chair, wardrobe, refrigerator, air-conditioning and Internet access; on the first floor, there is a public kitchen, two reading rooms and a laundry room with washing machine, dryers and electric water heaters on the west unit.
NOTE:The dormitory is a very important place for all of our students. All residents of our dormitory must abide by the accommodation requirements. Please see the room rate.
Exchange Student Room Rates
Apartment Room Type Short Term Accommodation (Less Than 90 Days)
Long Term Accommodation (+ 90Days) One Semester
Extension of accommodation at the end of semester Building 8 Double Room 60 5400 The accommodation fee shall be collected as per the short-term (less than 90 days) accommodation standard. Single Room 110 9800 Building 9 Double Room 60 5400 Building 10 Single Room 105 9500 Building 12 Double Room 50 4800 Single Room 80 7000 Building 51 Double Room 50 4800
About the Author